The position will be responsible for the provision of culturally appropriate Home and Community Care (HaCC) services and some Community Aged Care Packages as well as coordinate ongoing respite away from the community.
Communicate and work effectively with local HaCC workers, help facilitate training and engagement in the program. Update current quality objectives of the HaCC/CACP program and service delivery
Manage HaCC Centre
- Coordinate HACC centre in community
- Manage centre opening hours
- Ensure the assets of the HACC program and community are maintained securely and that the building is clean, safe and tidy
- Report faults to appropriate source
- Order appropriate and timely supplies
- Ensure kitchen / centre equipment is resourced etc
Support and develop Support Team from local community
- Work with community to recruit / mentor support team
- Provide management and leadership to support team
- Develop good team practices, rosters etc delegate
- Facilitate and work with training providers to deliver training on site
- Facilitate and document team meetings
- Develop daily duty sheet in conjunction with team
Deliver Client Services
- Has knowledge and experience in community care services
- Deliver personal care to clients, undertake domestic assistance duties
- Carry out client assessments for services
- Maintain client files as per guidelines
- Develop Client Support Plans
- Implement Client support plans
- Deliver Wellness client focused community care model
- Report client activity as per MDS – tick sheets
- Computer literate
- Provide feedback to PCACS CACP/HaCC coordinator or project officer
- Maintain links/ feedback with / to other service providers / community groups
- Participate in Client Care meetings via phone link up/ ACAT, Respite etc
- Participate in developing appropriate and relevant policies and procedures for each centre.
- Undertake training and/or quarterly visits to PCACS
- Respect cultural considerations of the community
Intending applicants should provide, (or be in prepared to obtain) a Police Clearance and Working With Children Check.
Only one dwelling is available for this role and the Store Manager (Couples would be most suited).
A driver’s license and proof of triple Covid vaccinations are essential requirements.
WA residents are strongly encouraged to apply.