Administration Officer (Temp)
Temp role, from 1 December 2021 – 28 February 2022
The NT Chief Health Officer’s Covid-19 Directions (No.55) 2021 (“the Directions”) made under the Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 apply to workers with this employer. Applicants will be requested to evidence their current COVID-19 vaccination status.
View the NT Chief Health Officer’s direction here (PDF 334Kb).
Primary purpose of the position
The Administration Officer will undertake office and administration tasks as directed by the HR Manager and on occasion Senior & Executive Management.
The Administration Officer reports directly to the HR Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
The following areas are critical to the role and constitute the primary duties required to be successful in fulfilling the duties associated with this position and other duties as directed.
- Reception responsibilities as required to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that the Alice Springs office is adequately stocked with general office supplies.
- Liaise with other administrative staff and Office Coordinator to ensure movement of items between Yuendumu and Alice Springs Offices.
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that general IT, building and office repairs and maintenance issues related to the Alice Springs Office are resolved.
- Filing, faxing, scanning and photocopying.
- Ensuring print and fax area is tidy and documentation in appropriate boxes,
- Arranging catering for office meetings and events.
- Assist to maintain proper records.
- Manage notices on the WYDAC notice board.
General other administration
- Provide clerical support Accounts, Payroll and HR transactions as and when required.
- Sorting and preparing documents for data entry.
- Ensuring that all policies & procedures relating to admin & accounts are kept up to date and are reviewed when necessary.
- Uploading and filing documents as required.
- Acting as a representative for WYDAC to deal with any issues with services that our suppliers offer e.g. liaising with a phone/internet provider if a service is down.