Due to accommodation limitations, these jobs would suit a couple (see the other job)
Do you have or want Remote Community Store Experience? Would you like to work with a community to deliver nutritious food, and improve health and well-being?
Aherrenge Community Store in central Australia (about 340 km NE from Alice Springs) requires an experienced / qualified cook for their new take away (and an Assistant, see here for details).
Both will at times be expected to act as Duty Manager on roster to assist to manage the retail store. The Manager/Cook would have a proven track record in nutritious food preparation, cooking and customer service.
Both positions would:
- Be hands on working in a new large, up to date take away
- Be willing to work across all areas of the store business at the direction of the Store Manager
- Have an ability to engage and work respectfully with the community and staff
- Follow store policies and procedures and directions of the Store Manager
Your personal values and attributes would include:
- Collaboration and team work
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to assist with continuous improvement
If you believe you meet these skills and attributes we are interested in hearing from you.
You would be paid above award rates that may increase after a trial period, and accommodation is provided.