CDP (Womens) Activity Supervisor
This is a hands-on position where the focus will be on engaging Community Development Programme (CDP) participants to facilitate and supervise meaningful Work for the Dole (WfD) activities.
This will involve working with the community to identify, set-up and run WfD activities, recording attendance at activities, providing on-the-ground supervision, helping participants to achieve their aspirations and working with participants to improve their employability.
• Engage and consult with CDP participants and community members to identify relevant CDP activities in the community.
• Supervise, support and encourage CDP participants to attend Work for the Dole activities in the community.
• Contribute to the development of work skills and work habits of CDP participants through mentoring, training and support.
• Carry out relevant administrative tasks and assist with documentation of processes for CDP activities.
• Identify and implement appropriate and approved incentives to support attendance at CDP activities.
• Complete timesheets for CDP participants attending the CDP activities and forward to Perth office for processing on CDP IT system.
• Investigate and perform follow up actions to determine reason(s) for non-attendance at CDP activities.
• Instruct and/or coach CDP participants in the correct use and storage of tools and equipment.
• Where possible, incorporate language, literacy and numeracy training for CDP participants into the CDP activities.
• Identify training opportunities to address competency gaps and employment needs in CDP participants.
Manage CDP Activities
• Identify, plan and organise CDP activities in the community.
• Develop and implement project activity plans, budgets and risk assessments for CDP activities.
• Review health and safety requirements on a daily basis.
• Ensure CDP participants involved in the CDP activities are aware of health safety procedures and their obligations.
• Organise tools, equipment and materials for the CDP activities.
• Monitor spending in line with budget allocations and delegation limits.
• Allocate tasks to each CDP participant involved in the CDP activities.
• Ensure the CDP activity sites are kept tidy and any potential hazards are eliminated or minimized.