Health Promotions Program Manager (Contract)
The Hedland Well Women’s Centre (HWWC) is a community based, not for profit organisation and operates on a social model of health providing a wide range of services for the women of Hedland and their families.
These services include:
• Womens Health Services
• Home Away from Home
• Education and Empowerment
• Social & emotional Well-being
To be a centre of excellence of health and well-being for women across the Pilbara.
To support, encourage, enhance and empower the women in the Hedland community, to build stronger relationships and to connect the community by developing programs that provide supportive assistance and change.
Enhancing the health and well- being of Women in the Hedland area.
Our objectives are to provide a women’s health service, based on a social model of health that is non-judgemental, non-discriminatory, accessible and affordable to all women, in particular by:
- Contributing to community change by working collaboratively with other organisations and community members
- Promoting and achieving positive outcomes in women’s mental health and well-being
- Providing a space of home, health and community with support and assistance
- Preventing and responding to violence and assault against women
- Empowering and educating women in their health and lifestyle choices
- Assisting priority and at risk women
- Addressing isolation
- Promoting healthy relationships, healthy families and to build a healthier Hedland community
Reporting to the CEO, The Program Manager – Health Promotions, works collaboratively to deliver Health Promotion Activities based on the Social Model of Health.
The role includes preparation of overall strategy for Health Promotion activities, budgets, reports and development of procedures to ensure the successful design, delivery, evaluation and safety of programs and events of the Headland Well Women’s Centre.
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the key annual events of the WWC including;
- WOW Weeks,
- Pink Pilbara Breakfast,
- Monthly morning teas,
- Other community events & workshops
The Manager Programs – Health Promotion, is responsible for representing the WWC at a number of community forums and committees.