Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) has dedicated itself to developing the strength, health, confidence and leadership of Warlpiri youth since 1993. The program aims to promote positive and meaningful future pathways for all young Warlpiri people. The notable, and sustainable, success of the program has been firmly based on the strength of Warlpiri youth, families and their communities, as well as the ongoing commitment of staff. The program was created by, and for, Warlpiri people, and is governed by a Warlpiri Committee. The WYDAC head office is in Yuendumu Community, however WYDAC is comprised of a variety of programs operating at five different Warlpiri sites – Yuendumu, Willowra, Nyirripi, Lajamanu and Mt Theo Outstation. WYDAC also have an office located in Alice Springs. There are over 70 staff across the entire organisation with more than half of these being Warlpiri people.
Primary purpose of the position
The Administration Officer will undertake office and financial administration tasks as directed by the Finance Manager and on occasion Senior & Executive Management.
The Administration Officer reports directly to the Management Consultant.
The following areas are critical to the role and constitute the primary duties required to be successful in fulfilling the duties associated with this position and other duties as directed.
- Reception responsibilities as required to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that the Alice Springs office is adequately stocked with general office supplies.
- Liaise with other administrative staff and Yuendumu based Office Coordinator to ensure movement of items between Communities and Alice Springs Offices.
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that general IT, building and office repairs and maintenance issues related to the Alice Springs Office are resolved.
- Filing, scanning and photocopying.
- Ensuring print area is tidy and documentation in appropriate boxes,
- Manage supplies of promotional materials.
- Manage office cleaning & yard maintenance.
- Arranging catering for office meetings and events.
- Assist to maintain proper records.
- Manage notices on the WYDAC notice board.
- Act as Covid Officer.
General other administration
- Provide clerical support and data entry of accounts/payroll transactions as and when required.
- Reviewing documents through WYDAC’s Quality Management System LogiQC when necessary. Sorting and preparing documents for data entry.
- Ensuring that all policies & procedures relating to admin & accounts are kept up to date and are reviewed when necessary.
- Uploading and filing documents as required.
- Acting as a representative for WYDAC to deal with any issues with services that our suppliers offer e.g. liaising with a phone/internet provider if a service is down.