• Monitor welfare of all livestock according to Welfare of Animals between processing, transport and birth to death / sale of livestock
• Lead mustering team and implement animal husbandry programs.
• Lead, mentor and train station stock staff in effective livestock handling
• Maintain paddock security with reference to gates and fences
• Manage the movement of cattle to ensure optimum use of pasture and the long-term sustainability of pasture.
• Undertake herd management practices to meet budget and development goals.
• Monitor growth rates and condition of stock.
Maintenance & Infrastructure
• Implementation of the annual maintenance and capital improvement programs and development goals
• Maintenance of the homestead and quarters building and yards, including gardens and lawns
• Oversee the development and management of water resources to ensure a continuous supply of water for cattle and a spread of water resources to allow maximum pasture utilisation.
• Oversee the development and implementation of weed or pest management plans as required
Quality, Finance and Administration
• Ensure all records are accurate and submitted in a timely manner
• Maintain herd records in excel spread sheet format, complete Stock Advice Notices and stock returns.
• Ensure stock movements are recorded in compliance with National Livestock Identification System (NLIS)
• Lead and monitor station trainees and participants in training all aspects of a pastoral station including stock handling, fencing, yard building, water maintenance and equipment use.
• Monitor and assist the environmental and natural resources programs on the station with the maintenance of appropriate records
• Offer input into new ventures and possibilities to plan and develop enterprise on the station.
People & Safety
• Effective communication with Management and Staff
• Lead and mentor station stock staff into an effective operational team.