The Operations Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the broad range of operational activities that support WYDAC’s delivery of Family and Youth Development service responsibilities in the Warlpiri communities of Yuendumu, Lajamanu, Nyirripi and Willowra, and at the Mt Theo outstation.
This position drives operational excellence within the organisation so that our services are delivered with exceptional outcomes.
Improving financial outcomes will also be a key focus of the Operations Manager with effective management of staffing levels and repairs & maintenance costs. This will also be achieved by creating opportunities for revenue growth through successful operational strategies.
Coordinate, manage and monitor WYDAC’s:
• Yuendumu Mechanical Workshop;
• Yuendumu Swimming Pool;
• Lajamanu Water Park (soon to be constructed);
• Service contracts, including IT and cleaning;
• Vehicle fleet, including tracking;
• Building repairs and maintenance; and
• Program of prioritised property upgrades and improvements.
The following areas are critical to the role and constitute the primary duties required to be successful in fulfilling the duties associated with this position and other duties as directed.
With reference to the above areas; the Operations Manager will:
• Implement and manage operational plans (non-service delivery).
• Prepare and control operational budgets.
• Facilitate coordination and communication between organisational support functions.
• Control inventory.
• Improve processes and policies in support of organisational goals.
• Formulate and implement organisational policies and procedures relating to operational activities.
• Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
• Delegate tasks and accountabilities.
• Establish work schedules.
• Supervise staff and monitor and evaluate performance.
• Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activities.
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) has dedicated itself to developing the strength, health, confidence and leadership of Warlpiri youth since 1993. The program aims to promote positive and meaningful future pathways for all young Warlpiri people. The notable, and sustainable, success of the program has been firmly based on the strength of Warlpiri youth, families and their communities, as well as the ongoing commitment of staff. The program was created by, and for, Warlpiri people, and is governed by a Warlpiri Committee. The WYDAC head office is in Yuendumu Community, however WYDAC is comprised of a variety of programs operating at five different Warlpiri sites – Yuendumu, Willowra, Nyirripi, Lajamanu and Mt Theo Outstation. WYDAC also have an office located in Alice Springs. There are over 70 staff across the entire organisation with more than half of these being Warlpiri people.