Human Resources Officer
Ngaanyatjarra Health Service is an Aboriginal community controlled health service located in the Ngaanyatjarra Lands that strives to work with indigenous and non-indigenous people the malparara way [two-way learning] as a part of the Ngaanyatjarra community to promote the health and wellbeing of people in the Lands.
The Human Resources (HR) Officer is responsible for providing customer focused, practical and timely HR advice and support to managers and employees, in line with organisational policies and procedures.
This role has a HR generalist focus supporting all aspects of HR including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, orientation and on boarding, performance management and developing and maintaining accurate policy and procedure.
- Provide accurate and timely advice and support to management and staff across all employment aspects and escalate where appropriate.
- Support effective end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring position descriptions are current, placing advertisements, corresponding with applicants during the recruitment process, scheduling interviews and completing reference checks.
- Liaise with recruitment agencies to source suitable relief candidates as requested.
- Prepare and issue employee contracts and contract variations as appropriate.
- Coordinate staff orientation and on boarding, including requesting travel and accommodation bookings and occasionally make these bookings if required.
- Administer the Human Resource System ELMO and electronic employee personnel files ensuring accuracy of records and that compliance is met.