Chief Executive Officer and Office Manager (Couple)
The Yungngora Association Inc (YAI) is seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced couple to fill the roles of CEO and Office Manager for these two important positions, pivotal to the well-being and future social and economic development of this remote and independent community of over 400 people.
YAI has a strong preference to recruit a couple as their experience is that the community is best served by a couple who can provide mutual support and stability in this very remote situation.
Yungngora (also referred to as Noonkanbah Station) is a medium-sized Aboriginal community in the Kimberley region in northern Western Australia, situated approximately 280 km east-south-east of Broome and 100 km south-west of Fitzroy Crossing. At the 2016 census, Yungngora had a population of 378.
Yungngora is a culturally-based community, which is striving to maintain traditional culture, values and leadership to address diverse and complex matters affecting its future within a region that potentially offers many opportunities for social and economic advancement, including the pastoral industry, oil and gas and other mining possibilities.
The preferred highly skilled CEO and Office Manager team will possess all the technical skills, knowledge and experience required to successfully manage the municipal services and diverse organizational operations of this complex remote self-managed community. They will also demonstrate a deep commitment to the advancement of the Yungngora community and its members.
YAI is governed by an elected Council, responsible for the planning and oversight of the delivery of community administration and management, municipal services, commercial operations, a pastoral cattle station and stakeholder management and engagement.
• is the principal staff member and carries overall responsibility for the successful day to day management and operation of YAI, including delivery of municipal services and a number of commercial enterprises.
• is responsible for assisting the Council with strategic planning, identification and accessing of financial and other resources, implementing, monitoring and reporting on the success of municipal services and program delivery within Yungngora, and
• as required and directed, represent YAI and its Council in meetings with government, industry and the general public.
The community infrastructure includes >50 houses, a Remote Community school, a health clinic, a community store, an airstrip and a workshop. Other providers deliver specialist services from time to time.
The Office Manager:
• will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the community office, including general reception and managing diverse internal and external enquiries.
• will provide administrative support to the CEO and the YAI Board.
• will be responsible for payroll timesheets and overseeing the Centrelink function.
Interested parties who applied for the positions advertised in August 2020 can re-activate their applications by email to the address below.
Applications Close 5pm Friday 19 February 2021.