For successful candidates outside the NT, WYDAC will arrange and pay the costs for 2 weeks quarantine in Alice Springs.
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) has dedicated itself to developing the strength, health, confidence and leadership of Warlpiri youth since 1993. The program aims to promote positive and meaningful future pathways for all young Warlpiri people. The notable, and sustainable, success of the program has been firmly based on the strength of Warlpiri youth, families and their communities, as well as the ongoing commitment of staff. The program was created by, and for, Warlpiri people, and is governed by a Warlpiri Committee. The WYDAC head office is in Yuendumu Community, however WYDAC is comprised of a variety of programs operating at five different Warlpiri sites – Yuendumu, Willowra, Nyirripi, Lajamanu and Mt Theo Outstation. WYDAC also have an office located in Alice Springs. There are over 70 staff across the entire organisation with more than half of these being Warlpiri people.
WYDAC has an opportunity for an Office Coordinator to join their team in Yuendumu, NT on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and responsible to Management and the WYDAC Board, the Office Coordinator is responsible for the management of the administration team. This includes providing supervision and support to the Payroll Officer, Administration Officer, Quality Officer and Reception Workers. The role of the administration department is to provide efficient and effective financial, HR and administration support to all WYDAC organisational departments across various program locations.
Key duties will include:
• Preparing the weekly and fortnightly payroll for the office Accountant and supporting the Account Officer in the preparation of accounts for processing
• Work with the Management team and quality officer to fulfil financial and organisational requirements of the Program through Quality Management processes
• Maintaining HR records, staff reimbursements and leave tracking
• Managing all office administrative functions including maintaining office supplies, photocopying, reception duties and general office tidiness and
• Administrative support for Committee and Team Meetings including catering and taking minutes.