Chief Executive Officer
Kurrawang Aboriginal Christian Community is an Aboriginal community 15km west of Kalgoorlie-Boulder on the Great Eastern Highway. It consists of 30 houses, recreational facilities, a chapel, workshop and primary school with a population of roughly 90 people.
This role is responsible for leading and implementing the strategic directions of the Kurrawang Community and ensuring that the organisation’s operations are consistent with the vision, plans, objectives and policies approved by the Board.
Duties And Responsibilities
• With Board guidance, facilitate the development of Kurrawang’s organisational policies and articulate these policies to staff, government and non-government agencies, funding agencies and service providers, as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain strategic relationships with Community leaders, service providers and local, state and federal government to create positive outcomes for the Community.
• Represent the Community at local, regional, state, and national meetings, working groups and forums.
• Ensure that the organisation operates with fairness, transparency, and integrity at all times.
• Manage the daily activities of the Kurrawang Community.
• Identify, develop and be responsible for all governance and management practices.
• Develop and implement operational processes that will ensure the achievement of the Community’s strategic direction and goals on time and within budget.
• Ensure that appropriate and impactful programs are developed and delivered, including overseeing contracted services.
• Advise the Board on operational issues and put in place appropriate operational and business plans, controls and risk management strategies.
• Provide regular updates to the Board regarding the performance of activities, community issues and any other matters relevant to the Community’s business, including the preparation of monthly reports.
• Provide support to the Board, including agenda preparations and minute taking.
• Ensure adherence to corporate governance and that operations conform to relevant statutory requirements and performance agreements with service/funding providers.
Economic and Community Development
• Lead the development of, and implement, appropriate revenue raising programs.
• Manage the CDP Program, with a focus on building capacity and work readiness.
• Negotiate, facilitate and oversee the Goldfields Village Campsite, Optus tower and Kurrawang School, including contract administration and management
• Manage housing maintenance program for the Community
• Identify and apply for appropriate grant funding, including implementation of projects and grant acquittal.
Human Resource Management
• Supervise, provide guidance to and performance manage direct reports.
• Oversee and approve staff leave.
• Ensure effective staff management practices are in place; including Code of Conduct, attendance and discipline policies.
• Ensure opportunities for staff to participate in professional development and training.
• Manage a safe and healthy workplace environment which attracts and retains appropriate talents.
• Lead fair and transparent recruitment and selection processes.
• Manage financial accounting and reporting functions of Kurrawang.
• Oversee the development and implementation financial management policy and procedures.
• Plan and manage Kurrawang revenue and expenditure and manage finances within the budget allocation, identifying resource priorities across programs and services.
• Develop and recommend funding plans to the Board.
• Ensure the transparency and integrity of financial reporting and ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and legislation.