We are communicators of culture and language. Our vision is to strengthen culture
and community through the power of the moving image.
We are the realisation of the 1983 dream to fight fire with fire, creating and operating
a television service that uses moving image to strengthen language and culture,
especially in Australia’s remote communities.
We are a unique community driven Indigenous television service reaching audiences
in remote communities and beyond.
We are a company of Indigenous and non-Indigenous media workers and a
community of screen practitioners from as far away as the outer islands of the Torres
Strait to remote Western Australia.
The role of Operations Manager is to oversee the operational elements of ICTV through
the monitoring and implementing of systems and requirements to support the
organisation’s programs, processes, and strategic direction. This role has
responsibility for high level operational and administrative management of the
organisation with a particular focus on finances, HR, resourcing, operational policy,
compliance and governance.
This position would suit someone with a demonstrated background in operations
coordination for a small to medium organisation and is interested in working with a
small dynamic team, for an innovative organisation achieving major strategic goals.
ICTV currently has fifteen staff, with numbers increasing for events and productions.
Staff work full-time across television programming, administration, production or
sponsorship. We pursue minimum percentage target of 50% Indigenous permanent
staff, with an aspirational target of 75%.
All permanent and contract staff work within a formal KPI structure.
The Operations Manager will have oversight of ICTV’s human resources. Duties
• Monitor HR systems and procedures and make recommendations for
• Onboard and induct all new staff using existing systems.
• Assist the General Manager in the recruitment of staff, consultants,
contractors and volunteers.
• Prepare and manage employment and ongoing contractor agreements.
• Ensure compliance with all legal obligations relating to employment and
human resource requirements.
• Supervise staff and contractors in your areas, including the monitoring and
review of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Assist in the development of performance mechanisms and annual appraisal
for all staff.
• Assist in the development of strategies to increase the percentage of
• Coordinate staff training and professional development.
• Promote a work environment that respects and promotes cultural diversity.
• Support Indigenous staff in the workplace and establish processes to enable
• Ensure that staff adhere to WH&S requirements and operational policy.
• Monitor ICTV operational policies and procedures, and make
recommendations for improvements, including the development of new
• Develop and implement strategies to improve internal compliance with
operational policies and procedures.
• Utilise the existing Employment Hero portal, SmartSheets and Xero in the
management of HR.
Financial Operations And Monitoring
ICTV’s annual income is between $2 and $2.5 million with the majority of revenue
coming from government grants and approximately 40% of income self-generated in
the last financial year. The Operations Manager is responsible for financial operations
and monitoring budgets. Duties include:
• Implementation and ongoing review of financial systems that are consistent
with contractual obligations and compliance.
• Preparation of accurate financial reports for the GM, staff as required and the
ICTV Board of Directors.
• Assist in the development of budgets for project proposals and funding
submissions within the parameters of the Strategic Business Plan.
• Assistance in the development of project and organisational budgets.
• Ensure the prompt processing of payroll, payment of supplier invoices,
following up income, and bank reconciliations
• Assist in the preparation of financial documents for annual auditor and liaise
with auditor as requested.
• Liaise with accountants regarding the processing of BAS, IAS and
• Assist the GM in the annual review of financial systems and accounting scope
The Operations Manager has oversight for the administrative operations of the
organisation including documentation of mail and freight; receiving visitors and
communication; coordination of travel and accommodation for board and staff;
organising catering for meetings and productions; organising meetings and
documenting actions; monitoring insurance; and creating scheduling documents for
internal productions. Specific duties include:
• Ensure the smooth operation of administrative operations, including covering
off duties in the absence of administrative staff.
• Monitor efficiencies of administrative systems and work within associated
• Monitor current administrative software solutions and systems and make
recommendations for improvements.
• Develop new administrative systems and procedures as required.
• Supervise administrative staff.
Grants And Contracting
The majority of grant funding comes through the National Indigenous Australians
Agency, with other grants coming from Indigenous Languages and Arts, Screen
Territory and the Community Broadcasting Foundation. Each grant has different
reporting and acquittal requirements. Duties include:
• Assist GM with grant reporting and acquittals, including the development of
efficient systems to track information and to ensure successful acquittal of
grants and contracts.
• Attend meetings with grant agencies as required.
• Assist in the production of the ICTV annual report and related resources, eg.
collating photos, clearances, departmental reports, logos and graphic
• Review departmental monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Ensure contracts and agreements are executed and filed appropriately.
• Be aware of and source grant opportunities.
• Assist in the preparation of grant reports.
ICTV’s resources includes the building it currently leases a building at 10b Wilkinson
Street in Alice Springs, which includes offices, a meeting room, well-equipped full
kitchen, a small television studio and audio booth. Other current resources include
two motor-vehicles, audio-visual production equipment, office equipment and IT
resources. Funding has recently been secured for a 4WD outside broadcast truck.
ICTV also houses equipment off-site. Duties around resource management include:
• Coordinate systems for the usage and bookings for meeting rooms, motor
vehicles – bookings, maintenance including liaising with landlord.
• Coordinate the maintenance and general cleanliness of common areas,
including organising and liaising with gardeners and cleaners, ensuring ICTV
upholds WH&S obligations.
• Coordinate the asset register, and ensure all new assets are entered correctly.
• Assist the Technical Consultant to monitor software user accounts.
• Develop and implement an ongoing 4-year resource plan, in collaboration
with other staff and GM.
• Develop policy around resource management including usage, hire and
The Operations Manager will coordinate the preparation of documents and reports
for board and general (member meetings) and handle membership: Other duties
• Coordinate the recording and production of minutes for Board Meeting.
• Coordinate the board and general meetings by communicating with meeting
attendees, distributing documents, organising meeting spaces and ensuring
minutes are taken.
• Manage membership enquires and membership database.
• Use the Boardable online portal.
• Use the existing membership database.
• Utilise all ICTV systems as required. These include Zoom, Slack, Clockify,
Employment Hero etc.
• Comply with WH&S requirements and organisational policy.
• Deliver agreed KPIs.
• Attend staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
• Other duties as requested by ICTV General Manager.
We strongly encourage Indigenous Australians to apply position and are open to
receiving applications from aspirant applicants who are prepared to work towards
acquiring the required skill set to undertake this position.