Children’s Services Coordinator
Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Council is seeking an adventurous, highly motivated and experienced professional to undertake the above position based in the Aboriginal community of Nyirripi which is a five hour drive from Alice Springs. The Children’s Services Coordinator will supervise the early childhood centre staff and effectively manage the day to day operation of the service to provide inclusive, high-quality educational and care services to local families.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use their vision, management skills and innovative approach to service delivery to positively shape the Nyirripi Child Care service into a highly effective centre for early learning and a hub for inclusive family engagement. Joining a team full of passion and a commitment to making a difference, the Children’s Services Coordinator has the opportunity to play a central role in the community by making a lasting and positive contribution to the families of Nyirripi.
Keys to your success:
- An appropriate early childhood qualification. Minimum Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care requirement
- Previous experience working in a leadership role in centre based early education
- A passion and flair for working with Aboriginal staff and clients in a remote location
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent administrative, organisational and analytical skills