Assistant Station Manager / Head Stockman
AAC are looking to fill a new position on their Central Western Australian cattle station at Cue (WA). The station will work in conjunction with our other stations to finish AAC’s Angus Senepol/ Brahman herds progeny for domestic and live export trades. The successful applicant will need the following attributes, but not limited to:
- Strong livestock skills, both breeding and feeding.
- Interest in breeding genetics improvement.
- Usual skills in welding, fencing, basic mechanical work, book keeping (electronic monitoring of cattle will be a feature).
- Maintenance and installation of solar pumps and windmill repairs will be an important part of the role.
- An interest in, and knowledge of feeding cattle will be an advantage.
- Mustering will be via buggies and helicopters, but horses will be used in livestock monitoring and weaning.
To discuss this job, call the Pastoral Manager, John Friend on 0427 100 799.