Manager Youth Development
Purpose Of The Position
Re-advertised. Extended closing date
WYDAC is seeking a dynamic and experienced Manager with extensive demonstrated skill in leading the transformation of teams and building a strong workplace culture.
The primary role of the Manager Youth Development is to strategically lead and oversee all aspects of WYDAC’s Youth Development Service, in line with all funding agreements -including the delivery of programs and activities, staff supervision and line management, data collection, monitoring and evaluation, training, reporting and logistics.
The Manager Youth Development reports directly to the CEO and is accountable to the WYDAC Board and WYDAC Funders.
Youth and Service Operations
• Facilitate the inclusive co-design and delivery of culturally appropriate, supportive, and effective Youth Development programs, in partnership with staff and young people from across the Warlpiri region.
• Directly supervise, train, support, and mentor Youth Development Coordinators and through them, Youth Development staff across all four sites.
• Lead the development of concept notes, grant applications, budgets and reports to ensure continuity of funding across all programs
• Monitor and evaluate programs to ensure contract deliverables are being met and outcomes can be measured
• Facilitating collaborative, respectful partnerships with other service providers, funders, and community stakeholders to ensure that services are integrated and meeting the needs of the community
• Serve as a member of the WYDAC Senior Management team, working closely with the CEO, Client Services, Administration, and Infrastructure departments to ensure a comprehensive and integrated approach to effective program delivery, with transparency and accountability to the WYDAC Board of directors and Funders.
• Minimise risk to staff and community members by ensuring programs and services are delivered in safe working environments that comply with legislative and operational standards, in line with WYDAC policy and relevant legislation
• Assist in the design, amendment and implementation of policies and procedures relating to the organisation
• Develop and lead all programs and services at a best-practice standard, setting a positive team culture where staff feel safe, valued, and supported
• Lead and develop a range of education/prevention resources and campaigns for key Warlpiri youth at risk issues in close collaboration with the CEO, Client Services and broader teams.
• Ensure that strategic vision of WYDAC’s board is being implemented across all programs and services
• Work closely with all members of the management team in order to ensure integrated and high-level programming. This includes:
- Understanding aspects of other program areas to ensure that staff and programs receive adequate support, in line with duty of care and work health and safety requirements.
- Ensuring/providing on call support to Youth Services staff over weekends and after hours, as part of a roster shared with other members of the Management team.
- Assisting with other duties as required, that would otherwise fall outside of your regular portfolio when other key staff are on leave/sick or between recruitment.
• Ensure that all programming and development activities are evidence based, and consultation with key board members and Management team occurs before implementation.
• Source external stakeholders/contractors to facilitate workshops, training and upskilling as required.
• Liaise closely with the Warlpiri community, WYDAC sub-committees and Board regarding the co-design and functioning of Youth Development Services
• Manage stakeholder relationships across program sites
• Represent WYDAC as requested by the CEO at community, stakeholder, or government meetings
• Contribute to contract management for all Youth Services funding
• Ensure the timely completion of:
- all required external reports for WYDAC Youth Service operations
- all internal risk assessment and incident reporting
- all external mandatory reporting requirements.
• Assist with accreditation requirements
• Participate and help lead WYDAC’s commitment to quality management processes
• Work as a key member of the WYDAC Management team
• Assist the CEO and administration/finance teams with all aspects of financial management including budgeting, reporting, operations management, monitoring and evaluation, of youth and client development teams as requested
• Set budgets and ensure that expenditure occurs in line with all contract requirements
Manage recruitment of staff within Youth Development portfolio, including:
- Defining positions descriptions and selection criteria, as well as participating in selection and induction
- Managening, supervising, training and review of all Youth Services staff including performance management and probationary reviews
- Overseeing staff training and skills development in relation to Youth teams in a strategic manner.
- Facilitating supervision and conflict resolution procedures as required
- Assist with the review, design, development, and implementation of relevant WYDAC policy