Administration / Project Manager
About Ngaliwurri-Wuli Aboriginal Corporation
Timber Creek is located on the Victoria Highway approximately 600 kilometres south-west of Darwin, in an area known for its scenic escarpments and recreational fishing.
The Ngaliwurru-Wuli Aboriginal Corporation (NWAC) was formed over 35 years ago under the NT Associations Act to serve as an Outstation / Homelands Resource Centre, servicing homelands communities in the Big Rivers Region west of Katherine. NWAC’s footprint covers the region from Menggen (SW of Katherine) to Brumby Plains on the NT / WA border.
NWAC is CAL registered and provides support to homeland outstation residents through building and asset maintenance, including essential services such as power, water and sewerage. NWAC applies for and receives contracts through various NTG Departments to undertake infrastructure construction and maintenance on NTG assets in the region.
NWAC also performs other Civil and Construction work to government departments and work for the public in general. NWAC’s staff include carpenters, plumbers, painters, steel fabricators and an electrician.
The Administration / Program Manager provides support to the CEO to assist the board in the development of strategic plans and budgets, Governance (including monthly board and community meetings), major projects and working with the Board to ensure the strategies are implemented and the sustainability of NWAC.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with Board of Directors to promote community development and self – management.
- Management of Centrelink office
- Assistance in day to day running of the NWAC office
- Filing and general office duties
- Work orders
- Centrepay data entry
- Reception/Front office duties
- Collection and distribution of incoming mail
- Assistance with internet banking for local people
- Office cleaning duties – (shared by all staff)
Relationship with Association
- Promote community development and self-management
- Provide advice and support to the NWAC CEO and elected Board Members
- Liaise with members on delivery of services with all relevant information