Senior Administration Officer
Primary Purpose Of The Position
The Senior Administration Officer will provide high level administration in to the HR Manager in areas of recruitment and selection of vacancies, general enquiries and undertaking of HR administrative tasks in a cross-cultural setting.
This position requires experience in delivering effective and timely administrative services, excellent analytical, communication and prioritisation skills. The ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and a commitment to high quality service delivery whilst maintaining a strong workplace culture in a structured team.
The Senior Admin Officer reports directly to the HR Manager.
The following areas are critical to the role and constitute the primary duties required to be successful in fulfilling the duties associated with this position and other duties as directed.
● Coordinate recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding processes
● Prepare and maintain updated employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating employees, contractors and volunteers
● Prepare and undertake the administration of commencement and induction activities for employees, contractors and volunteers
● Administer the HR calendars to ensure effectiveness and compliance
● Arrange and maintain a record of all staff training (e.g. training applications, trainee lists, schedules, attendance sheets)
● Ensure adherence to HR-related policies and procedures
● Provide support to staff on day-to-day HR-related administrative issues
● Communicate all HR-related information to staff as required.
● Work with the Management team to fulfil financial and organisational requirements of WYDAC through Quality Management processes.
● Ensure that Quality management processes pertaining to employment contracts, staff compliances and training are carried out appropriately.
● Coordinate travel needs for commencing employees
● Ensure that travel needs are met within the constraints of the WYDAC travel and vehicle policies
● Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that the Alice Springs office is adequately stocked with general office supplies
● Liaise with other administrative staff and Office Coordinator to ensure movement of items between Yuendumu and Alice Springs Offices
● Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that general IT, building and office repairs and maintenance issues related to the Alice Springs Office are resolved.
Workplace Health And Safety Officer
● Ensuring that all administration relating to WHS Is undertaken
● Ensuing that sharing of WHS documentation is consistent across the organisation
● Participating in workplace inspections, audits and risk assessments.