Community Development Advisor
Ngaanyatjarra Council (NCAC) is a dynamic organisation representing the interests of approx. 2000 Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi & Pitjantjatjara people living in 12 Communities in the Central Desert region of WA
About the role
Ngaanyatjarra Council is looking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role of Community Development Advisor based at Warburton on the Ngaanyatjarra Lands. The CDA will be a dedicated individual who will provide high level guidance and support to the Municipal Services staff in the Community.
Under the direction of NCAC the CDA will provide specific and effective advice on all matters related to the administration of community requirements, ensuring that the policies and aspirations are effectively pursued.
This position will require a highly organised individual with the ability to work strategically and collaboratively with staff involved in the Community Development Program (CDP), Municipal Services, stores/roadhouses and other NCAC staff and programs.
Your key duties will include but not limited to:
• Manage community staff whether employed by the community, NCAC, Muns or any other body corporate controlled by the community
• Oversee and assist with the administration of meetings
• Oversee and assist with the administration of elections, ensuring that Constitutional Rules for elections are followed
• Provide the Community with regular advice and reports on all project activity
• In consultation with the Chairman and Community Council members, act as a contact point for the community on administrative matters
• Ensure adequate reporting and accountability to the Community Council
• Cooperate with Ngaanyatjarra Services and NCAC in controlling and monitoring all funds by maintaining Purchase Order Books, Cash Books, Assets Register and ensure physical security of cash and records