This position requires the successful applicant to complete all duties related to running a Community Store and in addition, capable of running a commercial kitchen for Friday Night Takeaways and Sports Carnivals.
In consultation with the Community Coordinator, the Store Manager will work collaboratively with identified community leaders, government and non-government stakeholders and with community members to develop and implement a Healthier Lifestyle.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and implement appropriate costing structures to ensure ongoing financial viability of store operations to maintain mark-up and gross profit returns for the community.
- Always maintain a level of appropriate stock on hand, including pre-ordering for wet season, minimum fuel levels and emergency supplies.
- Maintaining strict Social Distancing rules as deem necessary, by the WA Government.
- Ensure store is clean, neat and tidy and that workplace health and safety procedures are always adhered to.
- Ensure that healthy food options are always available and encourage the purchase of these items though adequate promotion and display.
- Manage financial transactions through daily reporting requirements.
- Undertake a quarterly stock take for the community appointed accountants.
- Engage and provide employment opportunities for local staff as required.
- Maintain Store Trading hours as agreed by the Co-ordinator (as amended from time-to-time).
- Ensure internal / external purchase orders are recorded and recharged daily.
- Ensure all daily sales and Purchase Orders are email through to the Accountant each day and an explanation for any variances.
- Other duties as directed by the Community Co-ordinator.
A current Police Check and Working with Children Check is required.
A Current Western Australian Drivers License is required.
Under WA Govt directives, workers for this employer must be double-vaccinated