Senior Human Resources Officer
Revised and readvertised at the employer’s request.
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) has dedicated itself to developing the strength, health, confidence and leadership of Warlpiri youth since 1993. The program aims to promote positive and meaningful future pathways for all young Warlpiri people.
The notable, and sustainable, success of the program has been firmly based on the strength of Warlpiri youth, families and their communities, as well as the ongoing commitment of staff. The program was created by, and for, Warlpiri people, and is governed by a Warlpiri Committee.
The WYDAC head office is in Yuendumu Community, however WYDAC is comprised of a variety of programs operating at five different Warlpiri sites – Yuendumu, Willowra, Nyirripi, Lajamanu and Mt Theo Outstation. WYDAC also have an office located in Alice Springs. There are over 70 staff across the entire organisation with more than half of these being Warlpiri people.
The Senior HR Officer will provide high level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and HR & Quality Manager.
The Senior HR Officer reports directly to the HR & Quality Manager and is responsible to the Management Team and the WYDAC Board.
The following areas are critical to the role and constitute the primary duties required to be successful in fulfilling the duties associated with this position and other duties as directed.
Personal Assistance to the Chief Executive Officer
- Ensure a confidential, professional and efficient approach to the administration of the CEO’s activities as directed
- Provision of secretarial support such as drafting and processing correspondence for the CEO
- Provision of administrative support such as scheduling appointments and meetings for the CEO
- Undertake meeting administration and preparation to ensure the Chief Executive is accurately briefed and responsive
- Management of the CEO’s travel diary and related travel logistics
- Perform essential recruitment tasks, including liaising with recruitment agencies and providing essential recruitment information
- Administration and scheduling of candidate interviews
- Prepare and maintain updated employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating employees
- Prepare and undertake commencement and induction activities
- Arrange and maintain a record of all staff training (e.g. training applications, trainee lists, schedules, attendance sheets)
- Organise and maintain personnel records
- Update internal HR and Training databases
- Ensure adherence to HR-related policies and procedures
- Provide support to staff on HR-related administrative issues
Administration of General Travel and Office Logistics
- Coordinate travel needs for WYDAC employees
- Ensure that all travel requests have relevant approvals including travel forms
- Schedule hotel/flight bookings and prepare itineraries
- Ensures that travel needs are met within the constraints of the WYDAC travel and vehicle policies
- Liaise with outside travel agencies as required
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that the Alice Springs office is adequately stocked with general office supplies
- Liaise with other administrative staff and Office Coordinator to ensure movement of items between Yuendumu and Alice Springs Offices
- Liaise with other administrative staff to ensure that general IT, building and office repairs and maintenance issues related to the Alice Springs Office are resolved.