Roadhouse Management Couple
The Ngaanyatjarra Council Aboriginal Corporation is an organisation representing the interests of around 2000 Ngaanyatjarra, Pintupi, and Pitjantjatjara people living in 12 Communities in the Central Desert region of Western Australia.
The Tjukayirla Roadhouse is located along the Great Central Road, within the Great Victoria Desert, 781km west of Alice Springs and 807km from Yulara (Ayers Rock). We are committed to providing the best service, the cleanest facilities and the best food on the whole of the Great Central Road. These positions are available immediately.
The duties of the Roadhouse Managers include but are not limited to;
- Complete day to day management of the roadhouse in a hands on capacity assisting in and overseeing all areas including accommodation, food, fuel and ground
- Recruitment and training staff
- Management of stock including stock control, stock ordering and regular stock takes
- cash handling counting and balancing of tills, float and safe counts, banking processes
- Monitoring of fuel, fuel dips, fuel ordering, safety procedures
- Monitoring of power generators
The successful couple will have the following;
- Remote area management experience
- Previous experience with roadhouses or similar management
- Current manual driver’s license
- Have or obtain prior to commencement a National Police check
- Be willing to make a minimum of 12 months commitment
Experience working with indigenous people in remote locations is also desirable.