Due to accommodation limitations, this position, and that of Pool Coordinator, will suit a couple only.
Fixed term until 30 April, 2022.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The purpose of the position is to provide support to the Pool Coordinator in ensuring the safety of all pool users and adherence to all regulatory requirements.
The Pool Assistant reports directly to the Pool Coordinator.
The following areas are critical to the role and constitute the primary duties required to be successful in fulfilling the duties associated with this position and other duties as directed.
• Undertake supervision, rescues and emergency interventions in accordance with WYDAC’s adopted policies and procedures
• Maintain and ensure safety in the aquatic environment at all times
• Ensure accurate recording and reporting of all accidents, incidents and customer complaints
• Assist in cleaning the facility including:
– Picking up loose rubbish
– Assist in cleaning the pool deck, change rooms and toilet facilities
– Undertake facility housekeeping duties as required
• Actively encourage and promote water play/games
• Ensure the behaviour of all patrons is conducive to the provision of a safe and enjoyable leisure experience.
• Ability to request patrons to leave the facility if they continually act in an inappropriate or dangerous manner.
• Practice and promote Equal Opportunity, Anti – Harassment and Anti Bullying principles by treating people fairly and equitably without discrimination, harassment or bullying.
• To perform any other duties as requested by the Pool Supervisor
• Ensure a pleasant and welcoming reception to all users of the facility
• Deal with requests for information over the phone and in person
• Monitor attendance of school children as per the ‘Yes school, yes pool’ policy
• Facilitate swimming and water-safety training for users
Occupational Health & Safety
• To observe all safe working practices as outlines in WYDAC policies and procedures
• Report all accidents, incidents and hazardous situations arising in the course of your work
• Adhere to all recommendations of RLSSA report Aquatic Facility Safety Assessment: Safety Improvement Plan, April 2021 are implemented.