Municipal Services Officer (MSO)
Working under the direction of the Community Services Manager (CSM),
the role of the Municipal Services Officer (MSO) is to coordinate and
carry out the delivery of municipal services activities in the
Ngaanyatjarra Communities. Municipal services activities include:
• Power, water & sewerage maintenance – includes
checking of powerhouse fuel tank/oil/coolant levels, maintaining
powerhouse facility and solar panels, inspection and maintenance
of bores, checking and maintenance of sewerage facilities and
reporting to the RAESP service provider,
• Maintaining internal community roads – includes filling of pot holes and maintenance of drainage
• Airstrip maintenance – includes routine and essential maintenance of community airstrips (such as fencing repairs and airstrip clearing)
• Maintenance of community assets, building and infrastructure – includes the carrying out of routine checks, maintenance of assets, reporting on fuel use, reporting break-
• Landscaping and fire protection – includes slashing, tree planting, watering and clean-up of potential fire hazards.
• Waste disposal – includes garbage collection, litter control and rubbish tip maintenance.
The MSO is also required to increase Indigenous participation in the workforce by coordinating, supporting and providing effective supervision to locally engaged Municipal Services Work Teams.
The MSO will also assist in the annual development and quarterly review of Municipal