CDP Client Services Officer
Central Desert Regional Council is a local government authority covering an area over 282,000 Sq. kilometres. The Council provides a range of services in 12 communities to the North of Alice Springs: Lajamanu, Ti Tree, Wilora, Nturiya, Pmara Jutunta, Willowra, Laramba, Nyirripi, Yuelamu, Atitjere, Engawala and Yuendumu. There are also several homelands and outstations. The Central Desert area is considered remote and disadvantaged and over 80% of the population is Aboriginal.
Operating under the direction of the Central Desert Regional Council Community Development Progam Regional Manager and in accordance with Council corporate plans, policies CDP contract guidelines and relevant legislation. Support CDP clients and staff over the phone or face to face, and be responsible for entering caseload data in to the Employment and Community Services Network system.
Keys to your success:
- Customer service, including an ability to deal with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- An ability to communicate effectively in a cross cultural environment
- A demonstrated ability to work with high volumes of sensitive data in a controlled environment
- An awreness of issues affecting Aboriginal people in remote locations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with business and clients data